Wednesday, July 16, 2008

COMMENTS ON LIFE

Yesterday Sarah announced she is not coming to visit me after all. Why would anyone NOT want to come to colorful Colorado? So I don't have A.C., and I live in the demilitarized zone, and there was a knifing 2 doors down 2 days ago, and we all have no money to do anything fun; What's wrong with that? Who doesn't want to listen to the sound of the tuba, a cow bell, and an accordion over a really bad amp all night? Who doesn't want to swelter in 100+ degrees with a box fan? Then there is the neighbors! Ha Ha
But seriously, why fight the pull of the ultimate vacation?
I've personally never been on a real vacation. You know, one where you do nothing but sight see and lounge. Well maybe that is not true, maybe going to visit the relatives counts? No, that is more like a working road trip. 4 kids, one huge dog, a Toyota, and a cooler across 5 states: NOW THAT IS FUN!! (and probably how I became incurably insane)
Actually there is an element of fun to it but I never got to the fun part since I was driving. At least you get your own seat if you drive. Now a days kids have t.v. and Ipods and video games in the car. Back in the day when my kids were small, I would have killed for that kind of entertainment in the car. I got sing a longs and "are we there yet".
Who wants to see the damn relatives bad enough for that?

1 comment:

Tobi said...

We are spoiled now a days when it comes to the travel accommodations aren't we? Life seems so sad way back when their was no DVD players in cars.

I still want to come see you DOO-DA!!