Thursday, July 3, 2008

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!

Tomorrow is the 4th of July. Whoop De Doo. Being American all my life and very patriotic doesn't mean I get into the whole fireworks thing. Colorado (and most states) have a huge ban on fireworks. So either you pay to go see the "legal" fireworks or you do a lame sit on the roof and cheat thing. When I was a child you went down to the local fireworks stand and for less than $5.00 you could play with fire all night. Then I had kids. If there is ANY way for 4 kids to get hurt mine could find it. Now what on earth would make me think that I could turn them loose in our back yard with matches and a stick that sparks? I kept urging the 6 year old to grow up before next 4th of July and learn to light a match correctly. Every year someone got hurt. It became the 4th of July curse to spend at least half the night in the E.R. This year, like every year since I turned my last child free I will be watching tv.... alone.... fire free... not in any hospital.... with no matches, lighters, or punks.

1 comment:

Tobi said...

PARTY POOPER!! I don't see anything wrong with spending time at your local ER on the fourth. Sounds like a rip roaring good time to me.