Friday, November 20, 2009

Remember the tooth



What a special week! I got 3 new teeth for $1,800.00 (plus the $ 1,700.00 donation my insurance will make). All I had to do is break one and then after the three hour debilitating session with the dentist ... PRESTO.... a bridge and 2 caps! Why do I feel so sullied?
The dentist was nice and everything, but I am bruised for crying out loud and really swollen in my jaw, and in a lot of expensive pain.
Also, no Virginia there will be no eating with this mouth for a lonnnnnnng time to come as that big red spot and the lumps in the picture are NOT my tongue. That is the dentist's damage in there. I have bruises and a great amount of swelling. I look like someone beat me. And I got to take out a loan to pay for it!!! Yay ME
However I did get a loan so I don't have to wait 7 months to get the final bridge and caps. They will be installed December 12th.

2 comments:

bdmom said...

Don't worry Mammalamma... I'm sure by thanksgiving you'll be able to eat semi-solid foods again. And if not, well... I could always put your plate of turkey in the blender!

Tobi said...

Blender turkey dinner. Don't they serve that at the senior citizens home every year?

Tell the dentist to stop beating you or else your daughter from Texas that knows tobi-kwan-do will kick his butt six ways to Sunday. I can do it now too because all the excessive Texas cattle I've been consuming. =)