Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight the movie

OK SO IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT YET, DO NOT READ THIS!!!

There is always a little disappointment whenever a book I have read is made into a movie. I was even a little upset with the Lord of the Rings because they did not do the raising of the Shire. This movie was basically good, but not totally true to the book. That is just not possible in the time allotted for a flick. There were a lot of omissions and changes in the movie.

STOP NOW IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN TWILIGHT

Edward was so cute. The movie gives him a lot more personality than you got in the first book. I think the first book being all from Bella's perspective did that. Edward has a sense of humor in the movie and he is intense too.

Alice killing James was the coolest thing ever. I had read the books and all we got in the book was the sounds of the fight. I loved seeing Alice fight. Stephanie Meyer has a cameo and that was funny. Bella's dad is younger than I imagined but way cooler than in the books.

The fight scene was awesome and so were the running stunts. The part where Edward goes into the sun was superb visually. There were very funny parts and very sad parts. I think you can't possibly be aware of the scope of Bella & Edward's love unless you read all the books, but they did it justice.

Rosalie and Edwards dad were NOT pretty enough, but I wanted Jasper for my own boy toy. . . Badly. He really had a tortured, bad boy look.
Alice was close to perfect and so were most of the other characters. Billy Black was not old enough, but that is probably my fault for interpretation of what I read.

Visually stunning, very believable, too short, and not too true to the book.

3 comments:

Tobi said...

I really like the movie too. I thought they did a good job adapting the movie to the screen. My favorite part is where Bella tell Charlie that she is dating Edward. Charlie snaps his rifle together and says, Bring him in. Totally hilarious!!

Sarah said...

Yeah, twilight!
I'm about to pay homage to jasper on my blog, I thought he was the best!

Sarah said...

I was not so fortunate. Pat got home at 6, and the movie started at 7. We sat in the second row from the front, I had a terrible neck ache for two days! The theatre was filled to capacity, and every showing that night was sold out by the time we got there.
We only got our tickets 'cause we fandagoed them 2 weeks before the movie opened.