Thursday, September 18, 2008

a few things to spew

What can I say?
every once in a while I sneak over to a certain persons blog attached to my daughters blog and read some of the stuff there.
I'm always hoping to read something regarding any one of the 4 children or the 10 grand kids we have genetically in common.
Instead I get rambling about his life and how wonderful it is to para sail
or whatever it is called.
People reading his blog must think "Wow how interesting this guy's life is" but all I can say is "Wow, how self centered can one man be"?
Nothing in his writings about all the brilliant accomplishments of these kids/grand kids? Nothing about the births of his present wife's grand kids?
Nothing about how Phoenix goes to a school for gifted children, about how Xandra's temperament is just about the best on the planet? No comments for the accomplishments of Alex, or the cuteness of Cora? What in the world are we here for if not to revel and delight in the miracle of life??
10 Grand kids: Amberlee 17, Dakota 12, Xandra 9, Ian 6, Phoenix 5, Alec 5, Dalton 5, Kale 3, Cora 3, Justin 2.
Know it, Learn it, Love it. Life just doesn't get any more interesting than listening to the "potty tales" of Justin or the Jedi fixation of Ian.
There is no subject upon which I can ramble for hours and hours like the wonderfulness of these ten kids.
No accomplishment, entertainment, riches, life altering fun, or thrill seeking moment can make up for the fact that you don’t know squat about your own offspring, or their offspring.
Nothing you have now will go anywhere with you when you face your old age alone. Nothing you have done will attend your funeral and cry, no one will care.
So yes, I am obsessed with my grandchildren and their trivial little triumphs. Yes, I love them more than myself and always want to see and talk to them. I believe they are worth more than all the fun and riches in the world.
I hereby proclaim for all to read: kids and grand kids, you are the very most important thing to me and you always will be.

1 comment:

bdmom said...

Again, praise the Mother! I know the subject of my father is not a popular one amongst us, but I agree with you. He really is self-centered, and I fear becoming like him. It scares me.