Monday, September 15, 2008

The room of Pink EMU

We are well under way now with Xandra's room. She wants pink and black with skulls and crossbones. I also threw in animal prints because she loves animals. We have everything done except the tulle hangings over the bed, painting the walls, making the bedspread, painting the tv stand, and the ceiling fan. I have black and pink tulle on a frame to hang from the ceiling above her bed. The curtains are posing a small problem as I am painting the room black with great splotches of pink all over the walls. The room will be incredibly dark if I do this so we will need super bright curtains in the room. Also, I can NOT find pink fabric with black skulls to make the bedspread from. I am considering just buying this pink faux fur stuff (which happens to be on sale) and stamping on my own black skulls. The tv cabinet is going to be just vertical stripes (black and pink). The ceiling fan is white with faeries on it now so I'm just painting the area where the faerie is not on each blade black. Because you have been sooooooooooooo patient with my stone aged techno skills for so long...here are some pix:::

1 comment:

bdmom said...

I have come to help you with the stone age technology thingie. I posted a blog about her room, if you want to see the pictures just go to monstersmother.blogspot.com