Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Bone to pick





There are 206 bones in the human body. I actually have had one removed so I have less. In the 70/80's I could have named them all. Now all I want is for the ones I have to stop aching.

How the heck did I get old? I don't feel this old mentally. I still want to play (the soul is willing, the flesh is weak). I still crave the things I craved in my 20's. How did this happen?

It seems like yesterday I was in college and my kids were babies. Now I have 10 grandkids! How the heck did I get 10 grandkids? (One or more of my children had sex, I just know it).

There are many changes associated with getting older which I must say have been less than fun. Who changed my hair to grey? I can barely hear anymore if there is background noise. My patience is better, but who wants me to wait for anything now? If I want something, I just work for it or go get it. I have faulty eyesight and someone moved my waist down south somewhere out of the country.
The point of the geriatric biology rant is that I protest! Everything seems to be on a downward slide when I should be free to be me. When I was younger I put everything I wanted on hold and raised the kids. I couldn't just sling the kids aside and go do what I wanted, I had responsibilities. After they all leave and I am a single entity again, the body falls apart. That is SO not fair. Where is the justice in this system? Maybe I am finally having a fleshy breakdown to go with the mental breakdown I had a hundred catastrophe's ago?.

3 comments:

Mammallama said...

Tobi, I know you will come here and scoff at my picture editing skills. Please put pictures of all of my grandkids in here for me because I am old and now have no pride. I will beg shamelessly for blog help

Tobi said...

Okay. But I swear I'm going to start charging a maintenance fee. I fic your blog, BD's blog, Sarah's, and Sylvia's! Geez. This is almost like a full time gig I've got going.

bdmom said...

It's Tobi's fault you have a Myspace page, a Blog Spot and a Facebook page, so she should have to fix it for you. Me, I just nag her in that whiny voice until she can't stand it anymore.