Sunday, January 24, 2010

Craptastic weekend

This past week will go down in the annal's of time as one of the craptasticiest weeks ever.
My car took a dive into the "fix me or start walking" section. I think it needs bearings or some lucky expensive thing. When we turn it goes on turning after you straighten out the steering wheel.
Wow scary.
Root Canal: Went there, done that, going back under protest.
My boss said if business doesn't pick up we are going to be out of jobs.

Next week looks better on the horizon after Tuesday.
Tuesday I go finish the root canal. Yes it really did take 5 hours the first time and I just could not take anymore. He says it will be at least another 45 minutes. For those of you blessed enough not to have been to your own root canal recently, the translation of that is (2 or 3 hours).
I think how long it takes is a complex mathematical equation:
Take how long you think you can take the pain of this infected tooth,
add the amount of $ he is charging your insurance,
subtract the amount of your co-pay,
plus the # of people you have around you, unless you have to hold your own spit sucker like I did. Then subtract 1
Multiply this by the strength of your revulsion for being smothered with the green mouth tent....
If you have to pee add 30 minutes past how long you can hold it
If you are late or due somewhere like court add another 30 minutes
The length of time to the next vernal equinox goes in here somewhere
East of the Mississippi add 2 hours West add 1 hour
Now square the amount of pain you are in since he stuck the 4" drill bit down the root of the tooth and twisted it so he can rip out the roots one by one.
You get it?
So did I. THE THING TAKES MUCH TOO LONG and hurts too much!!
At least my co pay is paid and I will not have the pleasure of giving them $ at the end of this session. My dentist sent me a gift certificate to Olive Garden.
(Job Security?)

Anyway, after Tuesday some day next week my tax refund should be here. Yoo Hoo.
I am splurging and buying myself a chair at Staples because I get a free Camcorder with it.
Call me a selfish pig if you will, but I'm doing it anyway!!
At our house we will all be happy little campers next week, I vow it.

1 comment:

Tobi said...

I'm sorry your weekend was the pits. I will pray for you Mom! Chin up.