Monday, January 11, 2010

Tripdetripdetrip



Today I cried.
Not the all out ugly bawling cry, just a frustration and anger and sadness cry.
Trip did not make it. Sunday when we got up she was once again covered in blood and the wound was open and had a second wound by it.
We called the vet and they want money like you would not believe to fix this. She was moving around too much, she is a hyper dog.
She needs a week (at least) in the hospital to be sedated so her side can heal. We just can NOT afford it.
We had to turn her over to the Dumb Friends League so they could try to heal her, but I doubt it can be done.
Britt and I debated just letting it heal open, steritape, a loan, a t shirt, all kinds of stuff.
In the end we just can not afford it. I was mostly scared that the dog catcher would see the gaping wound and give us some fine for cruelty to animals.
Unfortunately, it would be true if we just did nothing. She was gonna die if we did that. I guess it is for the best, at least they will heal her and spay her before they put her to sleep.
Or maybe she will be adopted by some wonderful family with $$.

1 comment:

Tobi said...

I'm very sorry Mom. I don't like it when you cry. I hope your day gets better. LOVE YOU!